- Anheuser Busch
- D.W. Cookie Company
- Goodyear (San Fernando)
- J. David – Valencia Town Center
- Hall of Fame Sports
- Friend of Youth
- Lucy Pet Products
- Canyon Car Wash
- John O’Connell
- Robert W. Mower, DDS
- Patti’s Parties
- TPC Valencia
- A Royal Suite Home Furnishings
- Vista Valencia Golf Course
- Auto Insurance Specialists
- Santa Clarita Lanes
- Lancaster Jethawks
- Empire Toys
- Lady Di’s Cookies & Sweets
- My Tire Store – Complete Auto Care
- Water Wheel Car Wash
- Le Chêne
- Z Ultimate Self Defense Studios
- The Healthy You, A Medical Corp.
The Santa Clarita Optimist Foundation has been successful in sponsoring several fund-raising events and programs to help Santa Clarita’s youth and families in need. We sponsor a major annual fundraiser –– Charity Quarter Auction –– that enables the Foundation to fund its many community projects, scholarships, and youth and families-in-need.
The volunteers of the Foundation and the Canyon Country Optimist Club are committed to continuing their important work to support local and regional activities and programs that improve the lives of children. It is with supporters like you that we are successful at providing hope and positive vision, and bring out the best in kids.
7th ANNUAL CHARITY QUARTER AUCTION – Saturday, March 11, 2017!
The Santa Clarita Optimist Foundation will sponsor the 7th Annual Canyon Country Optimist Club’s Charity Quarter Auction to be held on Saturday, March 11, 2017 at the Santa Clarita Sports Complex. We expect more than 200 guests to attend. The price of admission ($40) includes dinner, coffee and soft drinks, a numbered paddle and ball, AND loads of fun for all. All guests who participate in the Quarter Basket Auction may bid one to three quarters to win one of 100 baskets donated by local businesses.
In addition, silent and live auctions provide opportunities for guests to bid on sports memorabilia, trips to Maui, a Smart TV, tickets to a Dodger game, a day at the spa, and much more. See the 2016 Charity Quarter Auction Program Guide to view the many business sponsors and Quarter Baskets, Silent and Live Auction items offered last year). All proceeds from the Auction go to our programs and projects that help to bring out the best in kids!
During the event we donated checks to several organizations including:
- Michael Hoefflin Foundation for Childhood Cancer – We donated $3,000.00 for the purchase of Kare Kits to give to newly diagnosed child cancer patients and their families in local hospitals.
- Santa Clarita Parks and Recreation’s S.C.O.R.E. program – We donated $2,500 to enable in-need youth to participate in recreational events and programs
- Santa Clarita Philharmonic Youth Program – We donated $1,500.00 to purchase musical instruments for local student musicians (in-need) to cultivate their talent by instituting the Santa Clarita Philharmonic Apprenticeship Program.
Also, proceeds from the event will be used to fund:
- Scholarships to eight local graduating high school seniors who provide exceptional service to their community and school, and to help families in need send their children to Safety Town – Santa Clarita.
- Safety Town – Santa Clarita camp –– a five-day safety education program for preschool and kindergarten children in the Santa Clarita Valley in July 2017.
- Throughout the year, we will provide financial aid to local families in need who have children with cancer, as well as other local youth-serving programs. including
– Optimist Blind Youth Olympics
– Special Olympics, Santa Clarita
– Domestic Violence Center of SCV
– Optimist Youth Home
– Boy Scouts Troop #58
– Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
– Carousel Ranch
Are you interested in donating to the Auction Program – a basket, silent or live auction item or cash? Please download the Donation Letter and Form. Information about how to donate, how to obtain a tax deductible receipt for items donated and how your donation will be used are provided in the letter and form. Direct donations to our programs can also be made on the Donate tab.
For more information or tickets for the auction, please contact Norbert Moniz, Sr. by email at email@example.com or by phone at (661) 678-3637.
Thank you to our 2016 Event Sponsors, Business & Individual Donors
- Limoneira Company, Santa Paula
- Edible Arrangements
- Wolf Creek Restaurant and Brewing Co.
- Wana Iguana
- Michael Hoefflin Foundation
- Olive Garden Restaurant
- California Pizza Company
- Natural Balance Pet Foods, Inc.
- Results Fitness
- Coast2Coast Pet
- Firehouse Subs
- Bill & Susan Russell
- The Dixon Family
- Hugh McDonald
- Norbert & Adelaide Moniz
- Crystal Mahn
- Linda Molinar
- Dianne Hardway
- Rob Peck
- Stephen and Jennifer Moniz
- Sue Woldanski
- Eliot Golomb
- Tom Cristi
- Carly Moniz & NBC/Universal