- Anheuser Busch
- D.W. Cookie Company
- Goodyear (San Fernando)
- J. David – Valencia Town Center
- A Royal Suite Home Furnishings
- Hall of Fame Sports
- Lucy Pet Foundation
- Tri C Electric
- Lancaster JetHawks Professional Baseball Club
- Canyon Car Wash
- Dara Lynn Insurance Services, Inc.
- Tom Cristi, Santa Clarita Lanes
- TPC Valencia
- Vista Valencia Golf Course
- Empire Toys
- Le Chene
- Z Ultimate Self Defense Studios
The Santa Clarita Optimist Foundation has been successful in sponsoring our primary fund-raising event to help Santa Clarita’s youth and families in need. We sponsor a major annual fundraiser –– Charity Quarter Auction –– that enables the Foundation to fund its many community projects, scholarships, and youth and families-in-need.
The volunteers of the Foundation and the Canyon Country Optimist Club are committed to continuing their important work to support local and regional activities and programs that improve the lives of children. It is with supporters like you that we are successful at providing hope and positive vision, and bring out the best in kids.
8th ANNUAL CHARITY QUARTER AUCTION – Saturday, March 10, 2018!
The Santa Clarita Optimist Foundation will sponsor the 8th Annual Canyon Country Optimist Club’s Charity Quarter Auction to be held on Saturday, March 10, 2018 at the Santa Clarita Sports Complex. We expect more than 225 guests to attend. The price of admission ($45) includes dinner, coffee and soft drinks, a numbered paddle and ball, AND loads of fun for all. All guests who participate in the Quarter Basket Auction may bid one to three quarters to win one of 75 baskets donated by local businesses.
In addition, silent and live auctions provide opportunities for guests to bid on sports memorabilia, trips to Maui, a Smart TV, tickets to a Dodger game, a day at the spa, and much more. See the 2017 Charity Quarter Auction Program Guide to view the many business sponsors and Quarter Baskets, Silent and Live Auction items offered last year). All proceeds from the Auction go to our programs and projects that help to bring out the best in kids!
Proceeds from the event were used to fund:
- Scholarships to eight local graduating high school seniors who provide exceptional service to their community and school, and to help families in need send their children to Safety Town – Santa Clarita.
- Safety Town – Santa Clarita camp –– a five-day safety education program for preschool and kindergarten children in the Santa Clarita Valley in July, 2017 (to be expanded to June and July in 2018)
- Michael Hoefflin Foundation for Childhood Cancer – We donated $3,000.00 for the purchase of Kare Kits to give to newly diagnosed child cancer patients and their families in local hospitals.
- Santa Clarita Parks and Recreation’s S.C.O.R.E. program – We donated $2,500 to enable in-need youth to participate in recreational events and programs
- Throughout the year, we provided financial aid to local families in need who have children with cancer, as well as other local youth-serving programs. including
– Junior Blind Olympics
– Special Olympics, Santa Clarita
– Optimist Youth Home
– Boy Scouts Troop #58
– Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (Light the Night)
– Santa Clarita Valley Scholarship Foundation
– Carousel Ranch
– Santa Clarita Food Pantry
– Feed the Children Foundation
– Optimist International Foundation
Are you interested in donating to the Auction Program – a basket, silent or live auction item or cash? Please download the Donation Letter & Form. Information about how to donate, how to obtain a tax deductible receipt for items donated and how your donation will be used are provided in the letter and form. Direct donations to our programs can also be made on the Donate tab.
For more information or tickets for the auction, please contact Norbert Moniz, Sr. by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (661) 678-3637.
Thank you to our 2017 Event Sponsors, Business & Individual Donors
- Limoneira Company, Santa Paula
- Wolf Creek Restaurant and Brewing Co.
- The Healthy You, A Medical Corp.
- Wana Iguana
- Michael Hoefflin Foundation
- Olive Garden Restaurant
- California Pizza Company
- Firehouse Subs
- Friends of Youth
- Hugh McDonald
- Norbert & Adelaide Moniz
- Crystal Mahn
- Dianne Hardway
- Rob Peck
- Stephen and Jennifer Moniz
- Eliot Golomb
- Bill & Susan Russell